Thursday, January 10, 2013

An introduction...

My life before CrossFit

Throughout high school I competed in Cheerleading, not kidding. And then I decided that college would be a great time to sit on my rear and eat everything in sight. Good plan, right? Thanks to that plan (or lack of one) I walked away with not only my diploma, but also 20 extra pounds.

The night of my engagement, January 2011... chub town.

Right before graduating from college I read a book a few months after that changed my life. 
This book pretty much explains everything to do with fitness and nutrition (including a meal plan and workout regimen). Although he's not "CrossFit" I have to give Kris some credit for giving me my fitness foundation.

I did the whole gym, cardio, weight lifting thing for about 4-5 months before I was burnt out and bored. Elliptical, free weights, the whole nine yards... I was over it. And the flab started to creep back.


My CrossFit beginnings...

I tried CrossFit because a facebook friend of mine was absolutely obsessed. After some research, I decided to give it a try.
I stepped into Capstone Crossfit's box in March of 2012 and pretty much never looked back. I started going 3 times a week. Within 3 months I was at the box 5-6 times. It was very much a love/hate relationship (still is, actually). They did things in CrossFit that I'd never heard of. Hang power snatch? Excuse me? I would spend many lunch breaks youtubing lifts and CF lingo.

Why I love Crossfit

I'm coming up on my 1 year mark. That alone is amazing to me, because I don't stick with anything. I get bored, or burnt out and move on. With CrossFit every day is new. Every WOD holds its own challenges and victories. Also, I've grown to love my Capstone family. We spend hours at the gym together, go to church, party, just experience life together. 

Capstone CrossFit Halloween WOD 2012


It's somewhat true that CrossFit is a cult, and I am totally okay with that. ** shoutout to my awesome husband for tolerating me**

August 2012. Hello guns.
Where I am now

I still consider myself a CF 'newb'. I joined the team at Capstone in August of last year. We're less than 2 months away from the CrossFit Open. This will be my first competition... just thinking about it is almost vomit inducing. I'm in the best shape of my life, surrounded by the best people I've ever met, and I can't wait to see where this takes me!

No comments:

Post a Comment